Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hara-Kiri: Death of A Samurai 3D


Hara-Kiri: Death of A Samurai 3D
This is Takashi Miike's most mature work yet.
He's come along way.
From Full Metal Yakuza and The Happiness of the Katakuris
(one of my favorites) to 13 Assassins and this one.
I love the story and how it all slowly builds up
for the great message towards the end.
There was no real fighting until the end of the movie.
Most of the movie dealt with the emotions and
drama of this family. Lots of sad moments.
And there was some crazy hardcore moments
during most of the suicide scenes.
I thought the ending to this tragic tale was really good.
Don't want to spoil it but damn good.
Part of me wanted more violent action but I have
to give this kudos for being more mature than expected
(in a good way).
As far as seeing this in 3D, there was no need for that.
There were some beautiful shots that looked great on 3D.
But, everything else, didn't really need it.

Next year I'm planning on a Samurai Night.
Gotta learn more about these types of movies.
This one is a must for samurai fans.