Wednesday, September 12, 2012

South American Cinema Night: Familia Rodante

SOUTH AMERICAN CINEMA NIGHT

Every 2nd Wednesday of every month
I'll be checking out a movie from any country in South America.
My goal is to see one movie from each country.
This excludes any films I see at film festivals.

Tonight's movie is from Argentina:


Familia Rodante
I expected a decent road movie.
This movie was a bit boring.
I fell asleeep in the middle somewhere
for a few minutes.
There was some funny moments but
there could of been a whole lot more
with this kind of story.
I love road movies, especially with
families involved.
You put about 10 family members
in a rv, who knows what craziness can happen.
So this story had lots of potential.
But, to me, it felt more like a documentary drama
than an actual movie.

On a good note,
I love all the barbecue towards the end of the movie.
They had ribs, sausage, and steak
Argentinian style.
I'll make sure to make some of that
for December's South American Cinema Night
(I'll be watching another movie from Argentina that month).