Monday, September 10, 2012

A Lonely Place To Die


A Lonely Place To Die
This was good.
It had me going for most of it.
It's a survival/thriller from the U.K.
It came out in Fantastic Fest last year.
There wasn't enough of the survival part.
It was mostly a thriller.
One thing I didn't like was that the killers were too smart
and fast for what they should be.
All of a sudden, they knew where people were and
how to cross crazy rivers within seconds.
Other than that, I like how this crazy story plays out.
I wish they would had set everything out there in the wild
rather than the nearby village scenes towards the end.
It needed wolves. It needed nature to be a threat
instead of kidnappers/murderers on the loose.
The ending made it up, though.
Good ending.
Never mess with the Serbians.
That's the main message.

For entertaining purposes, this one delivers.
Other Survival/Man Vs. Nature movies I recommend better:
Deliverance, Into the Wild, and The Grey.