Monday, September 3, 2012

80's Monday: Risky Business

80's MONDAY

[Every first Monday of every month is 80's Monday.
There's a lot of movies that came out
in the 80's that were so popular that I haven't seen.
I'm an 80's kid, so this segment will give me a chance
to catch up on some of those popular typical movies from this period.]


Risky Business
I had no idea what this movie was about.
All I knew that this had the famous Tom Cruise scene dancing
by himself to the "Old Time Rock and Roll" song.
This was pretty good.
We got a young Tom Cruise being a pimp
to a nice young Rebecca De Mornay.
My favorite scene is the party scene and
that one recruiter from Princeton shows up
to interview Joel (Cruise).
During the interview,Joel puts on his shades and
says, "What the F#%k?"
Loved it.
This is typical 80's.
A guy's parents leave out of town.
What should he do?
Well, invite a bunch of hookers and friends over,
and drive daddy's Porsche.
Good deal.

Good movie to see on a slow Monday afternoon.
I might add this to the 80's section one day.