Saturday, September 22, 2012

The ABC's of Death (2012)

FANTASTIC FEST 2012
Screening #9:





















The ABC's of Death
I first heard about this project at last year's Fantastic Fest.
This is a collaboration from 26 directors
(most who have shown their films at the festival).
It is basically 26 short films put together all dealing
with some kind of death.
While I love the idea, I was a little let down with
majority of the stories.
There were about four of them I really loved and
the rest were so and so.
I love stories B, D, Q, and T.
The Bird was a little wacky.
The "dogfighting" was excellent.
Quack scene with the director trying to figure out what short
to make was hilarious.
The toilet death scene was fantastic (this one is in claymation).
This project is under Drafthouse Films so I'm sure
it'll be out on DVD one day.
Okay to check out but maybe not to buy.