Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Release Tuesday: The Loved Ones

NEW RELEASE TUESDAY


The Loved Ones
Finally got see this Australian Horror.
I was supposed to see this at Fantastic Fest last year.
But, at the last minute, the film was pulled out of the festival
for unknown reasons.
Maybe, the actual film didn't get to make it or there
was a right issue. I don't know.
But, here we are today.
It was awesome as a cool genre film.
Of course, I hyped it up for myself.
It didn't quite meet my high expectations.
It was entertaining and crazy at the same time.
It was short as hell (about 1 hour and 20 min).
Simple story.
Crazy moments.
The girl and the dad are very weird.
She becomes annoying towards the end.
I didn't mind her in the first half.
The torture scenes were pretty cool.
Nothing too graphic.
I didn't like the sub story of the friend and his prom date.
They kept going back to them but
had no real significance for the movie other than
that the prom date's brother happens to be an early victim
to this crazy family.
Music was cool.
I liked it enough that it didn't disappoint but
it didn't "wow" me either.

If the story interests you, I say check it out before buying.


This movie was served with Shrimp On The Barbie and Fosters: