Thursday, September 13, 2012

Home Invasion Thursday: Them

HOME INVASION THURSDAY

Normally, Home Invasion Thursday is on the 3rd Thursday
of every month.
Since Fantastic Fest is next week, I decided to move
Home Invasion Thursday a week early.


Them
This was pretty good.
Nice little twist towards the end.
It was short (under 1 hour and 15 min).
This is a French/Romanian home invasion movie.
It has all the elements of a home invasion.
It reminded me a little of "The Strangers."
The ending is similar to most home invasion movies I've seen.
Of course, you gotta have stupid people
making stupid decisions that cost them their life.
If it weren't for their stupidity, you wouldn't have
a horror movie.
I wish I can discuss the twist but I don't do spoilers that much.
But, let's give you a warning.
After the picture below, I'll talk about the twist and ending.
So if you rather not read it,
skip to the trailer. There's my warning.

Twist:
The bad guys here were all kids.
They were from ages 10- to 15.
They just wanted to play games while they were on drugs
throughout the night.
They killed everyone.
At the end, it's morning again, and they jump into the school bus
and there it ends.
Pretty crazy, huh?
I would add it my Home Invasion section one day.


Since the movie was part French,
I decided to make a French Dip with Fries and Drink
French beer (Fischer Amber):