Thursday, September 27, 2012

Doomsday Book (2012)

FANTASTIC FEST 2012

Screening #28:





















Doomsday Book
This is the film I was most excited to see from
this festival.
I mean, come on!!
How am I not going to be excited for a
Korean movie composed of three stories about the end of the world
one of the stories directed by the director of I Saw The Devil?
Well, I hyped it up for myself.
I was let down.
The concept was great.
The first story deals with a zombie apocalypse.
I loved it.  My favorite story of the three.
The second story is about a robot who has more feelings than
humans.  Basically, the Korean short version of "I Robot."
Except this one was more dramatic than action.
And the last story was about a big 8 ball colliding with Earth.
Thus, bringing destruction everywhere.
It's also part alien.
That story was my least favorite and made the movie not that
great.
Jee-Won Kim directed the robot story.
I think that one should of closed out the movie.
But, I understand why it didn't.
Well, there you have it.
Okay to see.
I'll only buy it for the Jee-Won Kim section.