Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vanishing Waves (2012)

FANTASTIC FEST 2012

Screening #24:





















Vanishing Waves
I didn't know what to expect out of this Sci-fi/ Romance
from Lithuania.
In fact, I've never heard of this country ever until this festival.
This one won the Fantastic Award yesterday at the awards.
So, I wanted to check it out.
The only problem was that it was during the same time
as the movie, "Aftershock," with Eli Roth.
I thought about it hard and I figured,
"Aftershock" would most likely be on DVD faster than this movie.
Who knows when this movie will be out.
So here's my chance.
By the way, I heard "Aftershock" wasn't that good.
Back to this movie.
This was a trippy ride.
We got this guy who gets put into this machine
and he goes to this surreal world in his imagination.
At the same time, this girl who is in a coma, is also strapped
to this machine.
So this guy and this girl are passionately and crazy
in love with each other in this other state of mind.
There's a lot of crazy images.
But this movie makes more sense
than movies like Melancholia and Tree of Life
(both of these I didn't like one bit).
It was okay to see once.
I don't think it's worth buying.