Sunday, September 23, 2012

The History of Future Folk (2012)

FANTASTIC FEST 2012

Screening #15:





















The History of Future Folk
I ordered me some beers to go along with this Sci-fi/Music/Drama.
This was okay.
It's about this band from outer space.
They came to conquer and discovered music
and now they're here to stay and play banjo music.
I was wanting a lot more music scenes.
But, this movie focused more on the drama.
There was the sci-fi aspect but not enough to
satisfy the sci-fi craving.
I guess the mood kind of went down because
we realized right near the beginning that the
main alien here actually is married to an Earthling
and they have a daughter together.
I didn't buy that part of the story.
But, I went with it. The music was cool.
The set up was good in the middle.
All in all, it was okay.
If they would of made this more as a Musical, would of been a hit.


















No trailer found but here's a clip of the group: