Friday, September 28, 2012

Tai Chi 0 (2012)

FANTASTIC FEST 2012

 Screening #32:





















Tai Chi 0
Steam-punk Kung Fu.
That's what they said this was.
I never heard of the term, Steam-punk.
This kung fu flick from China was not as good as I thought.
There were some cool fighting sequences.
My favorite sequence is when the whole village
started throwing watermelons and other fruits
against their intruders.
I liked this story but it was cut short
and it was kind of unexpected.
I don't know why they did the ending like that.
Instead of doing a cool cliffhanger, they decided to end
the movie and then while the credits roll, they put
a trailer to the next movie to this series
(which is Tai Chi Hero).
I was left disappointed because the story in this
movie didn't quite finish.
But, oh well, this is my personal opinion and I'm sticking
to it.














This was my last screening for this year's Fantastic Fest.
Here's my list of movies from the festival
(from most favorite to least favorite):
1. Young Gun in The Time
2. I Declare War
3. Black Out
4. Graceland
5. Unit 7
6. Frankenweenie
7. Wrong
8. Outrage Beyond
9. Cockneys Vs. Zombies
10. Dredd 3D
11. The American Scream
12. Bring Me The Head of Machine Gun Woman
13. Plan C
14. Lee’s Adventure
15. Cold steel
16. Greatest movie ever rolled
17. Two Rabbits
18. No Rest For The Wicked
19. Combat Girls
20. The King of Pigs
21. Flicker
22. Tai Chi 0
23. Vulgaria
24. Doomsday Book
25. Here Comes The Devil
26. Vanishing Waves
27. The History of Future Folk
28. Holy Motors
29. The ABC's of Death
30. Cold Blooded
31. Berberian Sound Studio
32. Taped