Sunday, September 23, 2012

Young Gun in The Time (2012)

FANTASTIC FEST 2012

Screening #12:





















This is a spanking new movie. 
There is no IMDb link or a trailer yet.
Here's the information on the movie on the Fantastic Fest site:
Fantastic Fest Page


Now for my comments on this:
Wow!!
Extra wow!!
This is a time travel/detective Korean movie.
I loved it so much.
It is made by Young-doo Oh
(who did Invasion Alien Bikini).
I loved Invasion Alien Bikini when I saw it at last year's festival.
Now comes this one.
With a budget of $30,000, this movie looks like it
was done with millions of dollars.
The story sucked me in right away.
It has its charms.
It was funny and cute.
It had a lot of kick ass scenes.
More than half of the movie deals with the detective aspect
then it turns into the time travel stuff.
I love the fighting scene inside the SUV.
Well done. 
I don't think I've ever seen a whole fighting sequence
all taking place in a moving vehicle.
And in another scene, this bad guy uses a measuring tape
as his weapon.  Also bad ass.
The story had an excellent flow.
Love the characters and the music.
This has to be my favorite film from the festival so far.
It always happens to me, some of my favorite movies
take a long time to get released on DVD.
Meanwhile, other crap gets released faster than the speeding bullet.
But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
This is a must buy for the Asian section.
Maybe, I'll start a Time Travel section.
Can't wait to see this again.