Sunday, September 23, 2012

No Rest For The Wicked

FANTASTIC FEST 2012

Screening #11:






















No Rest For The Wicked
This is another crooked cop thriller from Spain.
It's more of a drama actually.
The opening scene was intense and awesome.
The rest of the movie is a slow build up
for another violent ending.
It turned out to be different than I imagined.
The bad cop actually turns out to be a good cop.
He just doesn't play by the rules.
It turns out that he was after a terrorist group.
I have to admit, I wasn't mentally ready for a slow paced movie
but I did like it somewhat.
I like that this cop likes to order a rum and coke
every single time he walks into a place.
And he chugs the drink good.
It made me want a rum and coke.
But, the girl investigating this case kind
of made like the movie less.
Not worth buying,  Maybe to watch depending on the mood.
Unit 7 was way better in my opinion.