Friday, August 31, 2012

A Better Tomorrow


A Better Tomorrow
I remember my best friend Ramon let me borrow
the John Woo original of this movie about 8 years ago.
I was blown away with part one and part two.
Next year, I'm thinking of having a special night
for Original Vs. Remake. I would watch
an original movie and the remake back to back.
And both movies have to movies I haven't seen.
Tonight, I wanted to do a taste of that.
I put on the original John Woo movie and
after I put this Korean remake.
They were both bad ass.
Now for my comments on this remake:
I like the Korean take on the original story.
The story is the same but had an entire different feeling
to it.
Of course there were some major differences in the
beginning and especially the ending of this movie.
But, it worked really good for the remake.
Them Koreans are really hardcore with their stuff.
But, majority of the plot remains the same to the original.
The original came out in the 80's.
So of course, the original was cheesy and fun.
This remake is more modernized.
A lot more gunshots and a lot more action.
I enjoyed it a lot.
I didn't think I was going to like it as much.
I had okay expectations for it since I'm a big fan of the original.

I say, this one does justice to the original movie.
Even John Woo is listed as one of the Executive Producers.
Which means, he gave the Koreans his blessing.
Worth seeing!!!