Friday, August 17, 2012

Merantau / The Raid: Redemption

An Indonesian Action Double Feature


Merantau
Pretty good action flick with a lot of drama.
This is my first Indonesian movie to ever see.
I first heard about this during Fantastic Fest in 2009.
Decided to check it out tonight because it's the same director
and also the same star as The Raid: Redemption.
This movie reminded me of The Protector.
But this one had scenes that were a little too dramatic.
I would of wanted some more action.
The action scenes here were badass, though.
I didn't like the main bad guy.
Still, this was decent.

Okay movie to see. I wouldn't buy it.



The Raid: Redemption
Now for the second Indonesian film to see.
This one was freaking badass.
Non stop action.
Lots of bullets, violence, and great fighting scenes.
I knew I was going to love this since the first scene
we see the bad guy.
And speaking of bad guys, Mad Dog was a good villain.
Lots of good moves and kills.
This reminded me somewhat of Elite Squad.
They might even make a video game out of this.

This is definitely a must buy for the Asian section.
Can't wait to see it again.


This double feature was served with an Asian Chicken Burger
with Sriracha Mayo and Sweet and Sour Orange Glaze
and lots of Coke to keep the adrenaline rush going.