Sunday, September 29, 2013

Oscar Sunday: The Greatest Show On Earth

The Greatest Show On Earth IMDb
Better late than never.  I saw this movie in two settings.  It was longer than I expected out of a circus movie.  I am a fan of circus movies.  There aren't a lot out there.  So when I found out that this circus movie won the Oscar back in the 50's, I had to check it out.  Cool to see James Stewart as a clown.  This movie is all about the love for the circus.  They focus a lot on every circus act.  That's why it was way too long.  Yes, there's also a sappy love story here as well.  Overall, I didn't really enjoy it.  There's some scenes I liked, especially all the scenes with James Stewart's character.  The rest was nothing to make a big fuzz about.  So, I wouldn't recommend this unless you have to positively see every circus movie made, then go for it.