Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fantastic Fest 2013: Big Bad Wolves (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 
Screening #12:

Big Bad Wolves IMDb
Wow! I am so speechless. I can tell you that this is my favorite damn film of the festival so far.  Loved it.  It is a movie that covers a very strong subject (pedophilia) and somehow and someway, they made this with a lot of humor.  Big time dark comedy.   There were moments that were so serious yet we were laughing with the characters.  It is a movie that doesn't give you answers until the very end.  Love the way they put everything together.  Happy moments mixed with torture and violence.  See the trailer, read the synopsis, but that's it.  I am not going to say a lot about this movie.  This is a must buy for the Foreign section.  This is from Israel.  The same people who did a movie called "Rabies" (which was a hit at FF a few years ago).  I am in awe.  Fucking Fantastic!!