Monday, September 23, 2013

Fantastic Fest: R100 (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 
Screening #8:

R100 IMDb
This freaking weird Japanese movie was surprisingly good, but, I must warn you, this movie is not for everyone.  This is way absurd.  David Lynch high on Japanese mushrooms is the way I'll describe it.  I have an acquired taste for absurd humor.  Last year, I cracked up a lot in a little movie called, "Wrong."  This year, I cracked up quite a few times with this one.  Some of the audience were with me.  Even after a long day of films and watching this at midnight, I was still entertained.  I had no idea it was going to be absurd until the halfway point.  After that, man, I loved it.  The first half was awesome as well.  We got this guy who signs up to this "Bondage" club.  Basically, for a whole year, in unexpected moments, he will be tortured by different woman from the club.  He can't quit or there will be consequences.  There's a sushi smashing scene, there's a big overweight lady who spits a lot doing dances, there's another lady who literally swallows human beings like an anaconda.  Yup, welcome to the world of R100.  It is called that because it is Rated 100.  You have to be 100 years old to watch this.  This movie makes fun at itself in a lot of moments.  Again, not for everyone.  So, at your own risk.  As for me, I'm going to own this one day.  Another favorite.