Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Children / Come Out And Play

The Children IMDb
I am off from work today so decided to throw a double feature.  In honor of Fantastic Fest coming soon, I picked two movies that played there in previous years.  These two movies share a theme: evil children.  The Children was shown at Fantastic Fest in 2009.  This was pretty good.  Poor acting (mostly the adults) but fair enough.  After watching this, I decided to not have kids ever again.  These bastards were evil.  Some sort of disease or something turned these kids against their parents during their trip out to the woods.  I just wanted to see these kids die.  Towards the end, I got my wish.  Fantastic!!!  Best killing scene:  Casey, the young adult, kills one of the kid who their head sticking out of the door.  2nd best killing moment: daughter stabs mom in the eye.  The other kills were so and so.   It's not everyday you see kids getting killed on screen.  So for that, this was pretty good.  I wouldn't buy it but good for a one time only deal.



Come Out And Play IMDb
This movie from Mexico is the remake of a Spaniard movie: Who Can Kill A Child?  Saw the remake years back and I wasn't totally impressed.  It was an okay movie.  The only reason I wanted to watch this remake is because it was shown at last year's Fantastic Fest.  It is basically the same plot.  Duh!  I was still a bit disappointed in the end.  I think this one wasn't as brutal as the original.  You still see kids killing and getting killed.  There was one big flaw in the end with one of the cops.  What kind of tourist would take their pregnant wife to an island by a small boat in Mexico?  That's another thing I didn't like.  Oh well.  This isn't worth watching at all.  The original was better.