Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fantastic Fest: Kid's Police (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 
Screening #3:

Kid's Police IMDb
This Japanese movie was going for the "cute" factor all the way through that I guess they didn't put much effort on the story.  I think it is based on a television series over in Japan.  This starts our right away with this group of police already as kids.  The first 30 minutes were cool and exploitative making these kids talk and act like adults (except, there's no swearing).  After a while, it gets old and there's no real development.  There's a few cool moments but I would of wanted lots of action and I guess more violence out of a Japanese film.  They definitely paid a homage to 70's cop films with this one.  I set the bar high that this didn't quite deliver.  Not recommended!