Monday, September 23, 2013

Fantastic Fest: The Dirties (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 
Screening #4:

The Dirties IMDb
Alright, alright, alright!  This movie made my morning.  Loved it.  It reminds me so much about high school and how my group of friends and I would make video movies about things.  This one is about two "Columbine" kind of friends who decide to make a movie about getting revenge on all the bullies.  One of the friends take it to a more serious level and things get interesting.  Must see. This was shot in a real school using a lot of real people.  You feel the authenticity in that.  Love that they do lots of references here like the "Royale with Cheese" dialogue from Pulp Fiction.  It is from Canada and the director and writer of this film is also the star.  I would buy this for the collection.  Another Fantastic Fest favorite.  After the last two movies, I needed this one.