Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fantastic Fest: The Fake (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 
Screening #17:

The Fake IMDb
Last year's Fantastic Fest I saw a very depressing Korean animation called, "The King of Pigs."  This year, the same director comes out with another depressing animation.  I think I liked this one a lot more than his last one.  Lots of hardcore moments.  Lots of scenes that made me mad at the characters.  This is a movie about exposing the truth and exposing demons.  No one is innocent here.  Them Koreans are very emotional.  I never seen an animation where people cry almost throughout the whole thing until I saw this one.  Definitely can ruin a happy mood.  That's what it was aim for and that's what I expected.  This was alright for me.  While I did like it a lot more than "The King of Pigs," I wouldn't want to see this again.  Fans of Asian cinema: this is worth checking out depending on your mood.