Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Release Tuesday: The East (2013)

The East IMDb 
Pretty good anarchist vs. big corporations movie.  Okay, there's not a lot of movies like this but this was pretty good for a thriller.  It's got a lot of drama and some parts were suspenseful.  Love the plot.  This is the movie where you root for "the anarchists" aka "The East."  They're there to prove points and spread message across the nation.  Of course, there's a semi-Hollywood drive to this and ending so it won't be that original and fresh.  Still, I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.  That's a good thing.  Love the drug/champagne scene (or should I say, the buildup to that).  The plot thickens a lot towards the end.  Shoot, if I could, I would do the same as these people: try to make corporations pay for the damages they cause to the environment and others.  All it takes is one person to try to make a difference and I think that's the case in this movie.  Worth watching for sure.  To buy?  I have to think about it I guess.  Maybe at a discount.