Friday, September 20, 2013

Fantastic Fest: Why Don't You Play In Hell (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 

Screening #1:

Why Don't You Play in Hell IMDb
This past midnight, I had the pleasure in breaking my Fantastic Fest 2013 cherry with this awesome bloody Yakuza movie.  Leave it to the Japanese to make everything weird and over the top.  This movie went over the top in a lot of scenes.  So definitely not a movie to take seriously.  I didn't mind a lot of the over the top humor and stuff.  The highlights for me were the scenes that pay tribute to filmmaking and old school film.  Of course, a lot of Yakuza action made this even better.  Didn't really feel the last 10 minutes of the film, but, that didn't ruin the overall experience.  Good to add to the Yakuza section and a good film to start this festival for me.  My favorite week of the year.