Monday, September 2, 2013

Samurai Monday: Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto

Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto IMDb
Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.  My girlfriend best described this film as a "Samurai novela" (soap opera).  This is part of a trilogy and now that I saw this, I am curious to know what happens next with our main character here.  It left this story unfinished on purpose.  I'm guessing part 2 and 3 are the continuation of this story.  I like the little crazy battles in the beginning of the story.  The second half deals with a love story between our samurai in-training guy and his friend's girlfriend.  Lots of dramatic scenes.  So you kind of got the "samurai novela" part.  We have a few unlikeable characters that we wish they would get killed.  When is that going to happen? That's the real question. Well, now we know what's the next movie for October's Samurai Monday:  Samurai II.