Friday, September 27, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: The Man Who Fell to Earth

The Man Who Fell to Earth IMDb
Very long movie starting David Bowie.  I admit, I do love all the weird little scenes but the overall story didn't do it for me.  Kudos to the soundtrack.  It's got a variety of different music (from country to progressive rock).  This is a straightforward sci-fi flick.  It was just damn too long for this type of story.  I kind of got why this is a cult classic.  There's quirky moments in the films that one usually doesn't see in other movies.  Crazy sex scenes as well, including one where David Bowie has no hair and has different eyes yet he still can get a woman's sexual attention.  I need to learn his secret.  Other than that, the rest is nothing special.  I wouldn't recommend this movie but glad to have finally seen it for Cult Classic Friday.  Next month I'll be checking out "Plan 9 From Outer Space."