Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fantastic Fest: Metallica: Through The Never (2013)

FANTASTIC FEST 2013 
Screening #13:

Metallica: Through the Never IMDb
I thought this was going to be very different.  It turns out that is just one long music video.  I like old school Metallica so watching this film about their concert playing lots of old school songs, made me enjoy it a bit.  The little narrative that they put here was weak for me.  I was expecting more out of that story, I guess.  The emphasis here is not that trippy story, it is all about the concert.  Metallica puts on a hell of a good show.  Lots of props and pyrotechnics stuff on the stage.  I saw this in 3D and it looks amazing.  The down part was the story.  They go to the story for one minute and boom were back in the concert. They do that all the way through.  So the climax was a let down.  This should of just been the concert only and I would of liked it a lot more.  Fans of Metallica, this is a must for you all.  Everyone else, I wouldn't advise it.