Saturday, September 6, 2014

Woochi

The year 2010 was the year of my favorite Fantastic Fest.  It is when I saw lots of Korean movies such as: I Saw The Devil, The Man from Nowhere, and The Housemaid.  Well, it just so happens that this Korean adventure flick right here was also shown that year but somehow I missed it.  I enjoyed watching this tonight.  It's a  fantasy, comedy, action, and adventure flick all together.  Beautiful and magical fight scenes.  It is a bit long but I didn't mind it.  Woochi is the name of our hero.  He's an ancient master and a womanizer.  The first part of the story takes place centuries ago.  After a big conflict, Woochi and a few others are sent into this magical warp.  He is summoned 500 years later to fight these demonic creatures.  It reminded me of Stephen Chow's latest flick (Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons).  Woochi kicks ass and falls in love.  Big surprise.  
Decent adventure movie I would recommend.  I may add this for the hell of it to my Korean section.  12 more days to this year's Fantastic Fest.  I can't fucking wait.