Monday, September 22, 2014

Fantastic Fest: The Babadook (2014)

Fantastic Fest 2014
Screening #18

Unique Australian horror we got here.  It wasn't scary for me but the elements were there.  Some of the moments were creepy.  I liked the story though.  A story about a widow and her son.  The story about a scary children's book called The Babadook.  The kid believes he's real.  Then the mom starts going crazy.  Love The Babadook character.  Very trippy.  This movie had a few potential scary moments but they were mild.  It's like a Goosebumps epsiode.  My son watches that show all the time and he says it's not scary because it's for kids.  So I wonder if he'll love The Babadook?  I know I would love it a lot more if I were a kid (though, I do act like a kid all the time). 
I wouldn't mind seeing this again now that I know what I'm expecting.  It had some cool moments and the story was solid and original.