Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fantastic Fest: The Guest (2014)

Fantastic Fest 2014
Screening #23

Fucking badass!  Usually when I start my comments with "fucking badass," it means fucking badass and definitely becomes one of my favorite movies of the year.  Entertaining with a nice flow.  First half was the cool getting to know characters part.  Second half is the suspense part.  This had me going good all the way through.  This is from the team behind the movie, "You're Next."  They fucking nailed it.  It played at SXSW this year but Tim League had to bring it to Fantastic Fest (that's what he said when he introduced the movie).  What also made it badass was that they passed out Fireball shots to the whole audience.  There was a big scene that included a Fireball shot about 20 minutes into the film.  Lots of great moments.  Some moments reminded me of the movie, "Drive."  But, this is a beast on its own. 
Must see and must buy.  One of the best.

The writer,  Simon Barrett, was present and he swore that he would not fuck up the I Saw The Devil remake.