Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cesar Chavez (2014)

The struggle is real!  Got to see this movie about a legend in the Mexican-American community.  A hero to all farm workers.  Cesar motherfucking Chavez.  I was actually impressed with the movie.  There was a moment in the second half that became a bit uninteresting.  Overall, I think it was pretty good.  This focuses on the farm workers strike in the late 60's.  Man, you appreciate grapes after this.  I appreciate I have a decent job and not have to go through what these people went through.  Something to be thankful for.   You have most of your usual hispanic actors here. Everybody did good.  John Malkovich is even on here with a few Spanish lines.  The famous slogan,"Si Se Puede!" started with Cesar Chavez, I think.  
This is worth checking out and especially if you're into movies about human rights and politics.   The guy who plays Robert Kennedy did awesome.  I'm from California and so I got to learn a few things about this movement early on.  

Made a Grape Salad to go with this movie.  Nice and Sweet!