Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fantastic Fest: The Incident (2014)

Fantastic Fest 2014
Screening #28

My last movie of this year's Fantastic Fest was this awesome mind-bending sci-fi from Mexico.  Clever plot.  This is this year's Timecrimes.  It is a movie with two stories.  An incident happens in each story that traps the characters in an infinite loop kind of dimension.  One story takes place in a stairwell inside a tall building.  The other story takes place in a deserted highway that goes on forever.  This is the type of movie that draws a lot of questions.  The director of the film was present and said that some of the things in the movie are left for the imagination.  I enjoyed it.  This is another favorite of the festival.
Must see for sci-fi fans!  I can't wait to own someday.

Here's the director and some of the crew.




And since this is my last movie of the festival, it's time to list my favorites. It is always a challenge.  The way my system works is not how good the movie is but how good I enjoyed it and/or how well I connected with it.

From my most favorite to least favorite:
1. The Guest
2. In Order of Disappearance
3. The Tribe
4. Spring
5. Haemoo
6. Tokyo Tribe
7. High Five
8. No Man's Land
9. The Incident
10. Tusk
11. Bros Before Hos
12. Dead Snow 2
13. I Am Here
14. The Babadook
15. Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
16. Jacky in the Kingdom of Women
17.  Wyrmwood
18.  The Absent One
19.  Redeemer
20.  I Am a Knife with Legs
21. It Follows
22. Kung Fu Elliot
23. The Man in the Orange Jacket 
24. Force Majeure
25. The Town That Dreaded Sundown
26. Everly
27. I Am Trash
28. From The Dark