Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fantastic Fest: Tusk (2014)

Fantastic Fest 2014
Screening #1

 Tusk IMDb
Popped my Fantastic Fest 2014 cherry this early afternoon with this movie.
Awesome start to the festival.  This is Kevin Smith's best movie since Jay and Silent Strikes Back.  It was twisted and some parts were wickedly funny.  Michael Parks plays an awesome psycho.  He's practically the main character.  What made it for me though was the surprise actor.  Well, he's no longer a surprise if you IMDb the movie and you do your research.  It's Johnny fucking Depp.  He plays the main detective here and he nails it.   This is a sick movie and I enjoyed it.  It's Human Centipede but with a human walrus instead.  Justin Long plays a good walrus.  He can put that on his resume now.  This movie will go good with a plate of fish.  Oh yeah!
Good start.  Unfortunately I had to go to work after this and do bunch of breaking news stuff.  Go weather coverage!  Planning on seeing three films tomorrow.  My first full day is Saturday.  I'm going to dream about walruses tonight.  Goodnight!