Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014)

I went in with low expectations and I was actually entertained with this sequel.  I was not impressed the first time I saw part one.  I saw it again today before this one and I liked it a little better.  Part 2 had a lot of cheesy moments and scenes that weren't necessary but overall, I thought it was pretty good.  I didn't really like Electro (played by Jamie Foxx) and I usually like villains more than the superheroes.  I thought The Green Goblin was good.  That character should have had more screen time than Electro.  Emotional ending.  Maybe I was in a comic book mood or maybe because I had my son with me today (who loves his superheroes), but I enjoyed my time with this movie.  Didn't mind the emo version of Spiderman today.
I might consider getting this with the first one someday.  Maybe when they release a box set.  Not in a rush.  Worth checking out if you like your Marvel movies.
This year has been great with Marvel.  First fav: Guardians of the Galaxy.  2nd fave: X-Men Days of Future Past.  3rd: The Amazing Spiderman 2.  4th: Captain America 2 (yup, I'm not too crazy about the Captain America franchise).