Saturday, September 20, 2014

Fantastic Fest: Everly (2014)

Fantastic Fest 2014
Screening #5

Opened up my first full day at the festival with this action flick with Salma Hayek in it.  Disappointing.  One of the worst movies I've seen in Fantastic Fest history.  I mean, how could a movie with a half naked Salma Hayek fighting a shit load of yakuzas go wrong?  For starters, the acting sucked.  There were a lot of flaws with this.  From the beginning where a phone rings and Hayek's character picks up her phone and says hello and she realizes it's not her phone ringing but another phone to other nonsense scenes.  There were some good kills.  Cheesy but good.  And Salma Hayek showing cleavage through almost the whole movie was pretty awesome for me.  But, that's it.
It was a bummer but at least this got me to appreciate the other movies I've seen so far.  Let's see what the rest of the day brings.