Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fantastic Fest: I Am Trash (2014)

Fantastic Fest 2014
Screening #27

Man, this is one of the sickest Korean movies I've ever seen.  It made me feel very dirty.  It's not a horror or gory flick.  It's a dysfunctional family drama.  In the same vein as movies like Kids, Gummo, Happiness, and Visitor Q.  Just like the title says, the characters in this movie are all trash.  It's about three brothers who each have weird problems.  Their pedophile dad gets released from prison and things haven't changed with him.  It's a big dramatic mess looking at the lives of these people.  I would like to go home now and shower but I got another movie starting in an hour.  Damn!  So, this wasn't a pleasant experience but that's what the movie aims to do.  
I wanted to check this out because it's only one of two Korean movies that were brought to Fantastic Fest this year.  I made it my personal goal to see every Korean movie they bring.  The other Korean movie is Haemoo.  I loved that one.

No trailer found for this movie.