Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Borgman

 Borgman IMDb
Now this Dutch Drama/Thriller was a little bit of a trip.  A lot of things didn't make sense but it was all part of this weird world.  In a way, this is another home invasion kind of a movie.  I should know.  I had Home Invasion Night in 2012.  Borgman was shown at Fantastic Fest last year.  It was picked up by Drafthouse Films.  It is a crazy story about a guy who intrudes on this wealthy family and using his "special powers" and the help of his weird friends, he takes over the show.  It was strange that most of the female characters here were somehow hypnotized by these people.  A lot of their behavior and actions didn't make sense.  It has the typical Home Invasion not so happy ending.  It was a trip, for sure.  It is the type of movie that doesn't give you straight out answers.  Just lots of questions afterwards.  It could be biblical.  It could be a metaphor.  Shit, it could be anything.  I should have had red wine with this movie.  Lots of wine.  As a matter of fact, I'm in the mood for some wine now.  It's been a while.
Okay, not sure if I would straight out recommend this movie.  If you do watch it, you'll definitely feel that this movie is different.  And like I said, don't expect any solution to this story.  Just interpretations.  I ain't letting Borgman into my home.  Fuck that shit!