Thursday, September 11, 2014

French Cinema Night: The Big Picture

The Big Picture IMDb
I moved French Cinema Night one week earlier due to Fantastic Fest next week.  So here we go.  Another great French thriller we got here.  I have never heard about this movie until recently.  It delivered.  The main actor is the same guy who came out in one of my favorite Fantastic Fest movies from last year, Mood Indigo.  He kicked ass here.  The story is about this lawyer who has it all.  His wife is having an affair and she wants a divorce.  He confronts this other guy and by accident, he kills him.  There were a few little things that bothered me in the story but they needed to happen I guess to drive this movie along.  Our main guy covers his tracks and the murder and leaves his family behind.  He goes off to start over somewhere far away.  He starts following his dreams of being a photographer.  Everyone thinks he's dead.  Anyways, things get heated when he becomes successful as a photographer.  He needs to protect his true identity.  I loved it.  The story overall was okay but a lot of moments made this movie awesome.  The ending could be interpreted in different ways.
I wouldn't mind buying this movie some day.  Beautiful imagery.