Friday, July 19, 2013

Cult Classic Friday: Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon IMDb
This movie was a good experience under the influence of pizza, special cookies, and a Sweet Leaf Citrus Green Tea.  Wait, did I really just start this post like that?  This is supposed to be at the end along with the picture.  Ok, here we go, this cheesy 80's cult classic was pretty entertaining.  I kept laughing during a lot of moments especially the scenes with the theme song playing in the background.  I just couldn't help myself.  Kept thinking about the movie, "Ted."  Which brings me to the comment stating: I decided to make a double feature with this movie and "Ted."  For those of you in the new, "Ted" references Sam Jones and Flash Gordon in various scenes and with a cameo.  I apologize if
I'm out of place a little.  I'm not in the right state of mind.  Flash Gordon kicked ass under the influence.  Kept thinking that if I was in the right state of mind, I would write "this movie is so bad that it's good."   "Death to Ming! Death to Ming!"  Flash Gordon is the coolest hero ever for not doing a single thing until the very end and even then, he barely moved.  Love the cheesy 80's effects.  Some of the story reminded me a bit of Star Wars.  So this is a good movie for a good time.    I'm writing this post while watching "Ted."  For my original comments on "Ted,"  go HERE.