Friday, July 26, 2013

The Wolverine (2013)

The Wolverine IMDb
The trailer was promising for this one but it quite didn't deliver it to me.  It had lots of cool little scenes and the first half was pretty awesome.  Love Japanese stuff.  The second half started getting a little predictable and some of the characters were annoying like the Viper Girl.  Don't get me wrong though, I thought as a whole this movie was okay.  Didn't disappoint me.  Just felt like it needed more to deliver.   Cool little tease there after the first credits rolled.  Nice closure.  My favorite moments were the bar scene near the beginning and the train action scene.  Others were so and so.  These comments are coming from a guy who loves movies but who is not familiar with comics and their methodologies.  Hell, my favorite X-Men movie is X-Men: First Class. That one kicked a lot of ass.  Kudos to this movie for having samurai, ninjas, and yakuzas all in one movie.