Sunday, July 28, 2013

Oscar Sunday: My Fair Lady

My Fair Lady IMDb
I left it up to my girlfriend to pick this month's Oscar movie.  We usually pick most of them together.  One of her favorite movie icons is Audrey Hepburn, so we went with this Award winning movie.  Surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.  The songs were pretty cool.  The movie was funny.  The characters were cool.  I like that the humor in this movie was a little to the dark side.  They were some bastards in this movie with hardcore language for this type of story.  The only complaint would be the last final scene.  After 3 hours long of a movie, I was expecting the ending to be great.  It ended with a "huh?  That was it?" kind of an ending.  Gotta love Hepburn.  Very cute woman.  I think my favorite performance of her is still the home invasion movie: Wait Until Dark.  Good experience watching this Oscar movie.  During intermission, we went for a frozen yogurt break and made sure we had lots of chocolate.