Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Release Tuesday: Spring Breakers

Spring Breakers IMDb
The latest trippy movie by indie director, Harmony Korine (Director of Gummo, Julien Donkey Boy and Writer of Kids) was a bit disaster, a little too artsy, and I didn't feel it as a whole.  Yes, there's a lot of T & A, which helps with eye candy.  I didn't really care about these characters.  All of them should of died in the end and that would of made it a little better for me.  I've seen my fair share of hot women kicking ass and pulling a bunch of crime in movies (Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill and I Spit in your Grave), this was trying to be too poetic and serious at times.  Other times seemed like a bad joke.  Cool to see James Franco in a role I've never seen before.  The award for a white guy playing a pimp, hustler, and hardcore gangster still goes to Gary Oldman for his role in "True Romance."  This movie here wasn't for me.   I should of put on one of the "Girls Gone Wild" videos instead.  That will make it up for this movie.  As a matter of fact, that sounds like a good idea right now.