Friday, May 31, 2013

What We Do Is Secret

What We Do Is Secret
This is a movie I never heard about until my brother, Enrique told me about it.  My two older brothers grew up in the L.A punk scene.  I got into some of the bands they liked later in life.  This is about the band, "The Germs." Not just about the band but about its lead singer who was a homosexual and who died from a heroin overdose.  Didn't know he died the same day John Lennon was killed (December 8, 1980 (3 days before I was born)).  This movie focuses on the drama and crazy stuff this band used to do.  I like some of the music here.  Besides a lot of cool late 70's punk, there's also some David Bowie in here.  This would make a good double feature with S.L.C Punk.  While I do prefer and love S.L.C Punk a lot, this one was good to check out especially if you respect or if you're a fan of punk rock music. If you're not, "eat shit and die!!!!"