Friday, May 3, 2013

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Jiro Dreams of Sushi IMDb
We been wanting to have a great sushi night and watch this this documentary for a while.  Never had the chance until tonight.  We got sushi from Central Market.  We should of went all out and got sushi from high rated places like Uchi and etc.  It was late at night so we settled with this Central Market (owned by H.E.B).  When I go to Japan, I'll make sure to stop by Jiro's restaurant and make a reservation for the following year.  This documentary is about the art of sushi by a legendary sushi chef. People make reservations years in advance because his restaurant is always full.  They only seat about 10 people each night, I think.  The experience is very personal and awesome from what I see on this doc.  I want to try most of the things on here.  Must have some sake to have guts and try the rest.  Highly recommend this doc.  Might make a great double feature with "The Cove."  Ha ha ha!