Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Impossible

The Impossible IMDb
They say this is a tearjerker movie.  I almost cried twice.  Both times in unexpected times.  So this is an emotional movie.  It's hard for a movie to make me tear.   Some movies that made me cry in the past were: The Elephant Man, The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, Children of Heaven, and Lion King.  This was pretty good and powerful until the last 30 minutes.  The last part was just a typical Hollywood movie trying to be overtly dramatic.  I don't want to spoil it in my comments but the last part was not sad at all.  I don't know the story or the real people this is based on so I assumed the worst but that wasn't the case.  It didn't disappoint me.  My favorite part is when the main boy helps finding people and reconnect them with their loved ones.  That was pretty sweet.  The two parts that made me almost tear up are when the dad makes a phone call to his father in law and when the little brothers reunite.  As much as I love Naomi Watts and her acting, she did okay here.  Not as great as I expected (due to the hype).  Good one time movie to see.