Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Release Tuesday: Lore

Lore
Today is New Release Tuesday.  I gamble with new movies I've never seen before that get released on Tuesdays.  I didn't feel like watching Dark Skies tonight.  So it was between this German/Australian flick or an Irish movie called "My Brothers."  I went with this Post World War 2 drama.  I thought it was interesting to see the other side to this, not just the jews.  During the last months of WW2 and after, nazis and their families were being hunted and either killed or taken to prison.  This is about one of the families.  The main girl, Lore, was left alone by the parents to take care of all the kids.  She has to take them across the land to a family house.  A lot of stuff happens during that trip.  This is a survival movie.  The first half was okay, but I lost interest in the second half.  It's hard to watch these movies late at night without a coffee.  It was hard to stay alert. From most of the scenes I saw, it was a bit boring.  I'm going to watch the second half in a bit to see if there's anything I liked.  If there is, I'll post additional comments below. Usually, I see these movies in the morning.  It's always the best time for me and I end up enjoying the movie a lot more.