Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Star Trek Into Darkness IMDb
Enjoyed another big summer blockbuster movie. I'm not a Star Trek fan (at least not yet).  Not familiar at all with the shows and all the 10 movies before the J.J. Abrams reboot.  I remember seeing the first one to this in 2009 and I was very entertained and surprisingly loved it.  This one was also cool.  I recall enjoying the first one more but this one is kind of close.  My co-worker and friend, Casey (probably the biggest Star Trek fan I know), schooled me in today before the movie about characters and some stuff I might need to know.  I guess he kind of spoiled it for me because when they revealed some information in this movie, everyone was shocked and excited.  That was pretty cool.  A big special effects action movie can do no wrong with its silly jokes and moments, lots of cgi, and Hollywood dramatic performances towards the end.  This is in par with Iron Man 3 for me.  Simon Pegg's character and the doctor were my favorites. Chris Pine? Not a fan.  The good thing is that this movie revolved around the other characters not just Captain Kirk. I was going to originally wait for this on DVD but peer pressure from my girlfriend Yari and Casey, I decided to give in.  I might need to watch all the old Star Trek movies someday.