Friday, May 24, 2013

Ping Pong

Ping Pong IMDb
This Japanese flick was somewhat funny and weird.  The sport of ping pong never looked any better than this.  It made me want to go buy my own paddle and start swinging.  Other than that, I didn't really care for this movie as a whole.  Lots of the scenes dragged on a bit.  Some scenes didn't make sense.  We have two best friends here who started playing ping pong as kids.  They get older.  One of them sucks.  The other one is pretty good but he's depressed.  They have flashbacks when they were kids learning the game.  The depressed guy does good beating some main opponents.  The one that sucks (who has a big passion and considers himself the best) starts training and becomes a hero.  The tournament scenes were cool.  Everything in between and flashbacks during tournaments I didn't really care for.  These are my personal comments and I'm sticking with them.