Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Monster In Paris

A Monster In Paris
Cute okay animation I saw tonight with my son, Nates the Shakes.  I admit this is more for adults but it was still rated PG.  It's about a singing big ass flea that people mistakingly think it's a monster.  It's a lighthearted movie set in old Paris.  It has its charms.  Nice dance sequences.  Overall, it wasn't a strong enough movie that will hold its magic in the test of time.  So, I guess not worth buying but good to check out.   It starts out interesting with one of the main characters looking for a belt for his film projector.  Good vintage cinema moments.  Funny stuff happens then the "monster" gets introduced.  People are scared.  Then we find out that this is no monster but a big flea and not just any big flea, he sings too.  The voice done by Sean Lennon.  We've seen this kind of story before especially in Tim Burton films like Edward Scissorhands.  The whole village is against this thing and they want to kill it and then we find out who the real "monster" is.  There you have it.  I usually don't comment too much on the plot like critics do but I had nothing else to say so here are my comments and I'm sticking to them.