Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Release Tuesday: Stand Up Guys

Stand Up Guys IMDb
I knew this wasn't going to be anything special but it has Christopher Walken and that's enough for me.  Don't care too much about Al Pacino these past 10 years but Walken still holds the magic.  I screened The King of New York earlier today just for kicks.  It's not a very good Gangster movie but it's short and sweet.  This movie is supposed to be a comedy/gangster movie.  It has its okay moments but kinda didn't like that it all takes place in one long night.  Maybe because it wasn't believable.  These characters eat dinner three times throughout that whole night. That's a lot for these old men.  One of the characters dies and the others bury him all in the same night.  I mean, if they wanted to include all this in the movie, just make it take place in course of a week or something.  Cheesy ending.  So, no, I wouldn't recommend this movie.